Britax Baby Safe i-Size Bundle Review
Britax Baby Safe i-Size Bundle Review
The Britax Baby Safe i-Size Bundle is Britax’s first infant carrier and base that meets the new car seat regulation ECE R129 (i-Size). It is suitable from newborn to 83cm in height (approx. 15 months). Its innovative design and safety features make it a favourite amongst parents and it is ready to fit straight onto any Britax pushchair.
Out of the box
The Britax Baby Safe i-Size Bundle includes the Britax Baby Safe i-Size Car Seat and Britax Baby Safe Flex Base. With this bundle you will receive both items which allows you to get going straight away.
The Britax Baby Safe i-Size Car Seat has lie-flat technology which keeps your baby safe and comfortable with an ergonomic position for newborns. There is also additional protection for your baby using the newborn insert. This can then be easily removed as your baby grows.
The headrest and harness adjust together with one hand to suit your child’s height. It has a 5-point harness which keeps your child safe and securely fastened into the protective shell.
For protection whatever the weather the integrated sun canopy protects your baby from the sun (UPF50+) and wind both in the car and while it’s used as a travel system on a pushchair.
The adjustable handle allows you to carry the car seat with ease and it can be moved out of the way for getting baby in and out.
An innovative safety feature on the seat is the superior side impact technology better known as SICT. The SICT function simply unscrews and is to be used only on the side closest to the door.
The cover is easy to take off without having to remove the harness. It can then be machine washed.
The Britax Baby Safe i-Size Car Seat is suitable from birth to 83cm in height. It’s a rear facing car seat that can easily fix onto the Britax Baby Safe i-Size Flex Base. The base has ISOfix points that click easily onto the ISOfix anchorage points in your car. The ‘flex’ capability allows you to adjust the base angle to a suitable position for your baby. This is a great feature for cars with inclined seats!
The Britax Baby Safe i-Size Bundle is the first Britax infant carrier to conform to new car seat regulation i-Size. It provides comfort and safety for your newborn in a rearward facing position until they reach 83cm in height.
Put your baby into the seat making sure the shoulder straps are at the correct height. These are adjusted from the back of the seat. Britax recommend they should be the width of two fingers below the height of your child’s shoulders.
Installation with 3-point seat belt
- Tuck both straps over the baby and secure the belt
- Make sure the lap belt is comfortable
- The shoulder part tucks around the car seat, through the blue belt guides making sure there are no twists in it
- Activate the SICT function on the car seat side closest to the door
Installation with the Baby-Safe i-Size Flex Base
The Baby Safe i-Size with Flex Base can be used on i-Size compatible vehicle seating positions and most cars with ISOfix. Britax have created a helpful Fit-Finder to check your car’s compatibility.
- With your car parked on a level surface, unfold the support leg from the base and pull the grey lever to release the ISOfix points. Simply click the ISOfix connectors onto your cars ISOfix points and check that the indicator turns to green to confirm the hooks are engaged
- Push the base back gently until it just contacts the vehicle seat
- Secure the base’s leg onto the floor of the vehicle ensuring the indicator turns to green
- Simply click the car seat onto the base and the green indicators on the back of the car seat will turn to green
- For cars with inclined vehicle seats you can adjust the base angle to a flatter position for your baby
- For the best combination of safety and comfort the base should be as upright as possible, but flat enough to support your baby’s head
- Activate the SICT function on the car seat side closest to the door.
Removing the car seat from the base
Simply press the grey button on each side, pull the handle upright. Then press in the grey handle on the bottom of the car seat. It will then click off the base.
The Britax Baby Safe i-Size Car Seat has CLICK & GO adaptors meaning it is travel system ready and can be easily clicked on and off any Britax pushchair such as the Britax B-Ready Pushchair or Britax B-Agile 3 Pushchair. On each side of the connectors are red/green indicators to show when the car seat is correctly attached, which is great for reassurance.
Britax offer a range of car accessories to accompany their car seats. A Britax Car Seat Saver protects car upholstery and works with belted and ISOfix Seats. Whilst the Britax Car Sun Shade blocks sun rays to keep your baby comfortable whilst travelling. The Britax Seat Organiser provides protection for your car seat from dirty feet plus exrta storage for toys, drinks and snacks. To let you keep an eye of your little one whilst travelling, the Britax Back Seat Mirror provides you with reassurance. It lets you view your baby at any angle when travelling, which we love.
Where to buy